Join the Defender as we celebrate 85 years of serving Houston’s Black community and introduce several new and innovative digital products offering something for everyone including advertisers and viewers.
Studies show that Blacks are leading the pact of consumers who get their news and entertainment digitally. To keep up with this growing trend, we have developed six new digital products that connect with this consumer and allow you to brand your products with them. Here’s a summary of digital offerings for your consideration.
- TOP EVENTS is a weekly photo gallery of events and celebrations in Houston’s Black community featuring the ‘movers and shakers’ to the professional and service organizations empowering Houstonians.
- GIMME-A-MINUTE HIGH SCHOOL is a one minute video clip by Defender High School sports Editor, Darrell Ardison that features athletes, commentary and anecdotes.
- FACES OF BLACK HOUSTON is a 2 - 3 minute multi-media profile of a Black Houstonian. With a focus on ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
- DIGITAL PLUS EDITION is an expanded version of the weekly newspaper with 4-with six pages of additional high demand content such as Fashion, Food, HBCU Sports, The Talk (political gossip), etc. with hyperlink capabilities.
- GIMME-A-MINUTE PRO & COLLEGE is a one minute video clip by Defender Pro & College sports Editor, Max Edison featuring athletes, commentary and anecdotes.
- NEWS UPDATE offers viewers the Top Black Headline stories of the week in one single e-blast from news, arts & entertainment, sports, bloggers and more both locally and nationally.